Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Pleasure to Watch

The last two Democratic presidential debates were a pleasure to watch. The candidates were all articulate, intelligent, and well-informed. There were even flashes of humor. I still think John Edwards is the best candidate, but Obama is the future of the party and I would have no problem supporting him.

I still have reservations about Hillary (I use her first name to distinguish between her and her husband, the former President; I don't use her first name to patronize or to be disrespectful). To her credit, I think she has been a more effective Senator than either Edwards or Obama.

Isn't it wonderful to have choices? So many countries do not.

1 comment:

Faye said...

I am so loving the Democratic race too. I think we have three credible candidates. I want Hillary to continue her tough, competent role and Obama must learn to stand up to her. I also admire Edwards for hanging on. Just wish he had a bit more presence on-stage. His heart is in the right place.

On the Republican side--Yea, McCain! He's the only one with enough steel to cripple Huckabee. Please, let's not have another eight years of Bush redux.